Simple Free Travel Pillow Case

Simple Free Travel Pillow Case

We bought a travel pillow for camping for my daughter as she was going on Beaver camp but we didn't have a pillow case for the pillow so I deceided to make one. 


I've had this old shirt for the best part of twenty years, I bought it in Australia and have worn it so much is was threadbear around the collar and sleeves. I hated to have thrown it out completely so I removed the buttons to keep safe for a rainy day and cut the back out to use the material for the pillow case.

It was a simple job of folding it over the pillow outside in and pinning along two edges, I then got my partner to whiz along the edges using her sewing machine. I'm not licenced to drive such a thing so she did it for me.

Once sewn up down the pinned sides it was just a matter of turning it outside out and pulling it over the pillow. There's a flap on the open end to stop the pillow escaping. 

This isn't our finiest work, it's a little longer than I had planned but holds up well enough and for the few minutes it took to make it's more than good enough. 



Comments