Within a week of purchasing a laptop for us to use I managed to slip and break the screen on our ASUS Model No. E406M, I had a quick look online and managed to purchase a new screen. I've repaired and broken up a few laptops for parts so just got stuck in to fixing it, recently a work mate asked if I could replace the screen on a laptop for him, it was also an ASUS, Model no. X502C so I thought I'd do a quick how-to instructions to show how easy it is. 


So start with a broken Laptop


In the bottom left and right of the screen are two blanking stickers that hide a couple of screws, remove the covers and screws and keep them safe.


Carefully prise the frame from around the screen, my large fingers are fine for this, remove frame and put to one side.


The screen is held in by four screws, circled, remove and place to one side, the screen can now be lowered down and placed face down on the keyboard. I blanked the screen so you don't have to suffer the replection of my ugly mug. 


There's just the connector to free off now, gently lift the tape back.


Then wiggle the connector back away from you. old screen is now removed.

Now throw the old screen away, responsibly of course!

Place the foam sleeve on from the packaging on the keyboard and lay the new screen face down to reconnect the cable. 

The most difficult bit is making sure the frame surround clips back in nicely, maybe a couple dabs of superglue maybe requred if the odd clip has broken.







#Asus #E406M #X502C #Whoops #CrackedScreen #BrokenScreen #ScreenRepair 

Comments