NAD 5425 Compact Disc Player Repair

 NAD CD Player Repair


I had wanted a NAD CD Player since they came out from new. I love music and prefer to listen to it in the best quality I can afford, alas I couldn't afford any of the NAD kit. I was given this one by a mate, the back light for the screen had stopped working, so I jumped at the chance to take it off his hands and treat my ears, and of course have a tinker inside. 


I could see that the LCD was still working but the backlight used an old school filament type bulb to light up the LCD screen from behind, the bulb had blown so no longer worked.

To get to the old bulb the main circuit board needs to be removed from the chassis so you can undo the screws that fix the shroud over the bulb, the screws for this are on the bottom of the board, it's a tight fit so needs some fiddling to get it out of the chassis. Once out it's a simple job to unsolder the old bulb and add a new one.


I replaced it with a LED sidelight bulb from a car that I had laying around, this seems to work okay, its quite a direct light so there's an obvious bright spot in the centre of the screen, but at least I can now see what track is playing. Ideally the light needs to be more diffused so it spreads better, a job for another day though. 

Once all sorted I connected it to my Technics amp and have not been disappointed with the sound. In a life where most music is now streamed, or played from low rate MP3s the quality is outstanding. Is it much better than my Technics CD player, well that's very hard for me to determine with the kit I have.

#NAD #CompactDiscPlayer5425 #5425 #CDPlayer #SoundsGood #WorksAgain #ProperJob

Comments