JET JSS-16 Scroll Saw Repair


A friend brought me this scroll saw to repair, it's quite a nice thing, something I'd love to own. She was given it and had used it a lot but it had started to turn itself off, and starting it was getting trickier until it just wouldn't start at all.

The switch is located in a small panel at the front, four screws hold it on and it then pops off, it's a very simple set up. The switch has removable panels on each side I whipped these off and tested the machine, I was wondering if the end of the green start button had worn to a point where it wouldn't push the paddle down far enough to make a circuit, so I pushed it down manually with a screwdriver, it creates an electromagentic circuit and holds this until the circuit is broken by hitting the off button. I could easily make a circuit but it would break itself pretty soon afterwards. No amount of tinkering would allow it to remain on so I went looking for a new switch. 

I found a replacement quite easily, they're readily  available on all the usual places, ebay, amazon etc. It's a CK-1 250V 4A NVR switch cost just under £9 delivered, there are cheaper options but with a long wait for shipping from China.

The switch has it's own clips that hold it into the panel, this can be a faff to get out as the panel is plastic I was fearing it would break, it took a lot of teasing to get the old one out and the new one in. Once in and wired up I tested and all was well, I had it running for a while and cut some small bits of wood for kindling for the fire. 



 #JET #JSS-16 #ScrollSaw #Repair #BrokenSwitch

Comments